odd problem with DVI to VGA adapter

Reaction score
I purchased a DVI to VGA adapter for my MacBook pro yesterday. I connected it to my TV and everything and I was able to watch movies from my mac just like you are supposed to. However something about it seems kind of odd. It is working like a dual monitor set up would work. Which is I have to drag the video player all the way off of my mac screen until it shows up on my TV. Is this the way it is suppose to work? I apologize if it is, but from what I read about the product it doesn't work that way. Is it my TV or something in my settings I need to change? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
There are two different modes when setting up dual monitors. Different possibilities are as follow:
Mirror both Monitors (means whatever is on your laptop screen will also be on your TV screen..in this mode there will be no need to drag the window on the other screen..you can do this by selecting a checkbox in the system preferences which says something like "Enable Mirroring"..or something like that)
Extended Desktop mode (means you have double desktop space if ou want to be able to use your TV as movie viewing screen & want to keep doing your work on the other screen...This is the mode you are currently using with your dual monitor setup)

Hope that helps..

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.