Problem with HD pictire included

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 800MHz, ipod 80GB
Well i am a happy mac user with my lovely iBook, but the ibook is getting old and slow, so i thought i will get something decent from ebay, and here i come cross a powerbook 12' with everything i need at a fraction of the price, but they is a catch, the previous owner is pretty honest and tell us that there is something wrong with the HD of that powerbook, and he did replace with a new HD, but it went down as well, that's why he is selling the powerbook.

So here is where i need you guys input, he upload the picture of what happened after turning the machine on

mac3.jpg

Hmmm so what does that picture mean?? Simply cant recognise the HD or some deeper problem, thanks in advance;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
that doesnt really say much except it cant find the OS unfortunately. could be a ram problem, something on the motherboard problem, several other things, or it could simply be that the HDD wasn't formatted right or the person doesnt know how to load the OS. you would really need to get your hands on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Telling you it cannot find an operating system. Pop in the install DVD, probably Tiger from the look of the picture, and reboot holding down 'C'. Go to utilities and Then Disk Utilities>Repair Disk and if all shows well format Mac OS Journaled.

Then see if you can install the OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I got that exact same screen when I replaced the HD in my Mini, went away after I loaded the restore disc into it and install went ahead......but

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
Telling you it cannot find an operating system. Pop in the install DVD, probably Tiger from the look of the picture, and reboot holding down 'C'. Go to utilities and Then Disk Utilities>Repair Disk and if all shows well format Mac OS Journaled.

Then see if you can install the OS.

i think he was looking for advice as to whether or not he should buy it. i was under the impression he didnt have it yet so although the 2 suggestions here are what i would assume it however it would be tough to tell if you couldn't get it it in front of you. he was looking on ebay and that is a picture os what is wrong with it before he buys it.

if it were me and it was a ridiculously good price and it wouldnt be the END of the world if it was not just an OS install then i would buy it and take my chances. that is a tough little laptop and you will most likely be getting a good deal because someone else couldn't figure it out.

good luck and lest us know

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 800MHz, ipod 80GB
i think he was looking for advice as to whether or not he should buy it. i was under the impression he didnt have it yet so although the 2 suggestions here are what i would assume it however it would be tough to tell if you couldn't get it it in front of you. he was looking on ebay and that is a picture os what is wrong with it before he buys it.

if it were me and it was a ridiculously good price and it wouldnt be the END of the world if it was not just an OS install then i would buy it and take my chances. that is a tough little laptop and you will most likely be getting a good deal because someone else couldn't figure it out.

good luck and lest us know

Yeah thats right, i haven't paid for it yet, so the powerbook couldnt be in front of me =( but thanks for those who give me advices, i will keep you guys update:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.