• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Question about video...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4GHz iMac, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HD
Does anyone know of a site(s) where I can find "stock" pieces of video to download? I'm looking to make my own "video" of a song.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I don't know, but when people try to make videos like that on YouTube they ask for everyone to send in their own submissions. You could try collaborating.

OP
Jinpa88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4GHz iMac, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HD
Video footage question

I posted this under the Switcher forum but saw that this might be better answered here:

Is there anyplace I can find and download "stock" video footage?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro (early '08), 2.6 dual core duo, 2 gb ram, 200 gb 7200 rpm hd, running Leopard
There are many, many, MANY sites out there that have stock footage available for download if you are willing to pay a fee. If you're looking for FREE stock footage, you will have a harder time locating anything. Try searching for tutorials on programs such as After Effects or Final Cut Pro. Sometimes the creator will include footage that can be used to re-create the project being shown in the tutorial. If you are planning on using the clips on your own projects and have the possibility of making you money, I recommend contacting the creator of the tutorial and requesting permission (in writing) else risk the possibility of them taking legal action.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.