What are the best free apps?

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this is a topic that has been done already, if so please point me in the right direction and lock this. :)

Wondering what you all would suggest were your best free apps? I'm just curious to add a bit more to my Mac.. actually, I'm mainly after a DVD burning app for now. I want to burn some data onto a DVD-R, do I need an app for this or can it be done somehow within OSX?

Thanks

EDIT: Title should have read, 'What are YOUR best free apps?'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Hi guys, sorry if this is a topic that has been done already, if so please point me in the right direction and lock this. :)

Wondering what you all would suggest were your best free apps? I'm just curious to add a bit more to my Mac.. actually, I'm mainly after a DVD burning app for now. I want to burn some data onto a DVD-R, do I need an app for this or can it be done somehow within OSX?

Thanks
You can do it in osx...

Just right click on your desktop and select "New Burn Folder"
put whatever you want to burn in there and click "Burn" when you are done...

My favorite freeware apps are.
1)Adium
2)Firefox

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I thought you might be able to.

Only reason I've ever used FF is because Hotmail has an issue with Safari sometimes, which can get annoying. I find it slow and not so user-friendly otherwise, Safari beats it hands down in my opinion!

I used Adium once and was confused! What can you do with it?

:)

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Eric.. erm, thank I guess, but why did you link me to "A switcher's guide to OS X Software" ? That's not the point of this thread, nor am I a switcher.

I just wondered what free apps people liked and why.

Reaction score
DVD burning software

I ran into a bit of a pickle looking for DVD writing software (I bought an external DVD-R that came with no software!)

I found "Image Burner" free and works for me so far! let me know how it works out for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.