• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iGoogle - any good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
So what do we think of the revamped Google search page? Personally I find it a p-i-t-a. I may be doing something wrong, but why should I be required to sign in each time I use the page? Google throws up a heap of things I haven't asked for, as in its advertising partners, many of them crap and crud, and I have to enter my gmail address to sign in. B-that! :Angry:

Alternatives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
its safari and firefox, I use Omniweb, it costs, sure, but I find that its the equal of any browser out there, and once I have my password saved for a site, it automatically signs me in.
For what its worth...........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Google always remember my signin, so I have no hazzel there, no matter what browser I use.

Love iGoogle, here is my layout, integrating Gmail, Reader, del.icio.us and weather.

igoogle.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
To me it's just an online version of OS X's widgits. All displayed on a fancy web page. Great if you like that kind of thing.

I have it as my firefox home page, just cause I google search quite a lot.

Either you'll like it or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't get it, mine still looks the same and doesn't require login every time.

the8thark, I love your avatar!! I used to play Earthworm Jim games all the time when I was a kid. Ahh, such fond memories :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
Just created mine. I love the artist themes too. Not too bad, since you can custom it a lot easier than other pages I've used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.