Mac OSX iTunes does not detect iPod

Reaction score
PLEASE DISREGARD - ISSUE RESOLVED

I have an 40GB iPod Photo formatted for Windows that I got like three years ago when it was new (Ha!). I just bought a MBP and I have Windows installed via VMWare. When I plug the iPod in to the MBP it shows up as a HD but not in iTunes. In the Windows install it shows up as both a HD and in iTunes. I can't get it back to the MBP iTunes and that is where I need it to be to manage my songs/playlists.

Here are some facts that may help you resolve my issue.
  • It's formatted for Windows because I just switched to Apple and I had always used it on Windows. I also use it as a HD so I need to be able to view it on my Windows based laptop at work
  • I was bring some large files to work and had them on the iPod. When I plugged the iPod into the MBP I deleted the files but my iPod still showed they were taking up space. I plugged it into Windows to delete them - Its the only way I knew how.
  • I don't know what happened but I couldn't eject it from Windows so I shut Windows down and I still kind of had the "Do Not Disconnect iPod" notification on the iPod.
  • I am not sure what really happened next as I was frustrated but it was a series of reboots plugging in and out, switching between firewire and USB (typically use this)

Can anyone help me here? There must be some setting in OSX (Leopard) that will allow me to see it again in iTunes!!

OP
Z
Reaction score
Please disregard. It is working now. Again, not really sure of the sequence of events that got it working..Ha!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.