Important Battery Question

Reaction score
A. Is the battery covered by apple care?
B. Is it harmful if you leave your laptop plugged into to the AC for days at a time? (this would mean the battery is at 100% which I read is bad for it)

Thanks,

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
A) yes
B) i leave mine plugged in all the time for days and sometimes i dont. i have never had any problems. i actually have a 12" 2002 ibook that stays plugged in for weeks at a time and it still runs for almost 3 hours on its original battery if that says anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17", 2.6Ghz C2D, 4GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 512M 8600m GT
The battery has a internal smartchip that stops charging after it reaches full, after its full it doesnt charge unless the battery discharges enough. Although some battery experts say that using your machine while its charging is not good, but i havent had problems in the past other then it takes longer to charge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.