What software do I need for messenger to work with my isight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.5Ghz : 2GB ram : 250GB : 15.4in
I just bought my first macbook pro and have found that I am unable to use my isight camera to video conference with my friends. I know there is a programme that can be used but have forgotten the name of it!!! Can anyone enlighten me???

I'm sure this is an easy one, but for a mac newbie there is no substitute for the experienced users on this forum site.

Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I just bought my first macbook pro and have found that I am unable to use my isight camera to video conference with my friends. I know there is a programme that can be used but have forgotten the name of it!!! Can anyone enlighten me???

I'm sure this is an easy one, but for a mac newbie there is no substitute for the experienced users on this forum site.

Help!!!

You could try skype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
skype works extremely well. much higher framerates than AIM (which you can use iChat to connect to btw)

Reaction score
it depends what program your friends are using.

AIM = iChat or AIM client
MSN = aMSN
Skype = Skype

OP
FatboySlimfast
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using messenger. Found an app called mercury but the framerate is disappointing. I would like to stay with messenger as i have been using it for years. Any other ideas??

Bear in mind that I have limited experience with macs!

OP
FatboySlimfast
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK.....tried aMSN and find that every time I try and videochat it falls apart. This is starting to get really funny.......aaaaarrrrgghhhhhh!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.