Default account settings.

T

thingy

I have done a few searches and could not find anything on the subject. I apologise if this has been discussed before.

I would like to change the default settings for new accounts I create on the machine. Things such as which programs appear in the dock (I am sick of dragging them every time I re-image a machine or set it up for a different user), as well as all the settings in System Preferences.

Is there any way I can customise one account to look and feel the way I want, then set it so all new accounts that get created have that exact same look and feel the moment they are created?

Reaction score
What about copying ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist and other related files into the new accounts? You might have to do a little digging in there to see what other preference files you might want to copy over. You could then put all this into a script and just run the script for new account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.