how to find and delete temp files

Z

zarp3333

I'm all new to the mac world. I want to delete cookies and temp files after surfing. Please help. I'm already getting sick e-mails. It nevered happened with my pc because I would delete all cookies and temp files after most sessions.

OP
G

gatorparrots

Try Cache Out X:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9538
Cache Out X clears out the cache entries on your machine, helping you recover valuable disk space on your machine. Set it to run at startup by placing it in your Login items in your System Preferences. Items removed include the caches in System, Users, and Library, along with the Internet Explorer download cache. Optionally clears the IE's history cache as well.

For cookie management, try
Cookie Monster
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/77
Cookie Commander
Discontinued Apps | MacUpdate
or
NoMoreCookies
Discontinued Apps | MacUpdate

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanks for the suggestions gatorparrots. :)

OP
H

hokiethang

zarp3333 said:
I'm all new to the mac world. I want to delete cookies and temp files after surfing. Please help. I'm already getting sick e-mails. It nevered happened with my pc because I would delete all cookies and temp files after most sessions.

heh, nice place to be from, (Norfolk is my home town). Cookies and temp files are not necessarily the cause of spam. If you are using mail.app you should be able to set it up to filter the sick e-mails and deposit them directly to the trash. Keeping cookies under control is a good thing, but there is no need to delete all of them.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I get tried of the "do you want to add three inches, because size does matter" junk. The junk filter works very well. Every now and then some of the junk does slips through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i love the junk mail filter. no problems with it yet

OP
L

lanne_roth

Where do you find Cache Out X?????

Hi

I would also like to keep my computer safe, etc. but tried finding Cache Out X and can't find it....Where is it????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.