leopard format: what happens to boot camp?

Reaction score
Hi,

my mac's been slowing down recently and I was thinking of reinstalling leopard after formatting the drive. Will it erase boot camp also? Is there any way I can keep my windows alive and still format just the mac part completely?
Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi,

my mac's been slowing down recently and I was thinking of reinstalling leopard after formatting the drive. Will it erase boot camp also? Is there any way I can keep my windows alive and still format just the mac part completely?
Thanks.

Reinstallation should be a last resort. Have you looked into other ways? For example: What programs are loading and running upon booting up? How much disk space do you have left? Is it time to offload all those music and videos to an external hard drive? :D

If you really think you need to reinstall Leopard (lots of work, BTW) than you'll need "Winclone" which can clone a copy of your Boot Camp partition to image and restore it after the reinstall of Leopard. Go to the Winclone web site and read up on the procedure before deciding.

http://twocanoes.com/winclone/

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.