Cleaning Mbp Screen

Reaction score
just wondering the best way to clean my 17" MBP screen?

i know the manual said to just use water and a lint free cloth, but i thought i would check with some of your first before i went ahead and did anything that may damage my screen.

i've also seen lots of polish kits in stores. (similar to the ones you can use to polish your ipod screens.) are these any good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
YOu can find in your local electronic stores wipes with cleaner in them already designed for LCDs or a really soft cloth and clean clean clean water (bottled works best as impurities are gone or so they say) just make sure the unit is completely off so the screen is off, be gentle and don't scrub it like you would a normal CRT screen, just be gentle and avoid using commercial stuff like Windex and the like, the ammonia can leech into the panel....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
i know the manual said to just use water and a lint free cloth, but i thought i would check with some of your first before i went ahead and did anything that may damage my screen.

Do what the documentation says.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I find the black cloth that comes with the computer to be excellent for wiping the screen. Just the right amount of water can help too, as the manual states.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Ah that's all good advice. But what about matt screens?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Same thing Matte or Glossy. Use a damp microfiber cloth. Or use iKlear they sell it at apple. Its the only thing they use to clean their screens. Its not cheap but it lasts pretty good for a small bottle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.