Adding 2 or more pictures on one page for comparison?

Reaction score
I'm simply looking to add 2 or more pictures (before and after pictures) on one page to show progression in a time line format.

OP
M
Reaction score
What program are you using?

i don't know what program i can do this in. In PC i would just go to paint and adjust them in there. I don't know how to do it in iphoto or preview tho.
Can you suggest a app or program and then the steps needed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If you are trying to compare two (or more) photos then watch this Apple iPhoto tutorial; Reviewing and Comparing Photos. If you want to compare the same photo, then you first have to duplicate it by selecting it and using menu item Photo-->Duplicate.

If you are trying to make a document with pictures side by side then we'd need to know more. I'm sure Pages and Word could handle that. What is you end intent?

OP
M
Reaction score
I checked out the tutorial. Thats not exactly what i want. I want to show a progression picture of fat loss. So a picture from week 1 side by side with week 5 etc. So have 2 pictures or more side by side at "x" size and then i want to save this new picture. So then when you open the single picture you would be able to see week1,2,3,4,5 all side by side

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You could export the pictures to a smaller size that could fit side by side in the TextEdit app. The sizes should still be decent for this purpose.

One of the many image editing applications such as Pixelmator or Acorn could do that.

A simple web page could do that. Try iWeb.

Comic Life came with my Mac, so if you have that, you could try it.

Just jump in and try things out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.