To get or not to get.. Applecare Warranty..

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Mac book and I was wondering if it's really worth it to shell out the extra $200 for the extended warranty?
I didn't initially purchase the warranty but from what I read I have up to the first year to purchase it. Is that correct? Whats the time limit on purchasing the warranty?
Does it cover accidents such as dropping or spilling something on the Mac book?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You have up until the end of your 1 year warranty to purchase Apple Care.

Apple Care does not cover spills, dropping your MacBook, accidental damage from misuse, etc. If you're looking for something to cover these types of incidents go here: http://www.safeware.com/ Also covers theft.

Is it worth it to purchase Apple Care? Look up prices on how much it would cost you to replace a logic board or the display after your warranty expires.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I think its worth it, while they say they don't cover accidental damage, some things they will still fix. Spills and broken screens, no, but Apple is usually pretty good with just about everything else. I have worked with over 2k apple machines under their warranty and have had hundreds of shipments to their local depot. 95% of the time they fix the issue no questions asked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
This is not my personal experience but a friend of mine has a MBP for about 18 months so far and he had to bring the laptop to technical support couple of times (case, keyboard, screen). He never got any problems. Another good point is the global support as he bought his MBP in France and had to repair it in Australia.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.