iMac G4 to MacBook Pro help!

Reaction score
first of all this is my first post here. And i think mac forums is awesome! okay now to get to the point. I have a imac g4 and a macbook pro and I would like to know if it's possible to connect these 2 together for a dual screen and still be able to access my files on both computers with one mouse i know how to use firewire but that limits me it blocks out my imac screen. please help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
first of all this is my first post here. And i think mac forums is awesome! okay now to get to the point. I have a imac g4 and a macbook pro and I would like to know if it's possible to connect these 2 together for a dual screen and still be able to access my files on both computers with one mouse i know how to use firewire but that limits me it blocks out my imac screen. please help!!!

What you are asking cannot be done.
If you need to access files from one machine on the other, then you can either set up a network or use Target Disk Mode.

You cannot run both computers together as "one computer" sharing the displays on each machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33 C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
however, you could use teleport, (http://abyssoft.com/software/teleport/) which is an app which allows you to control mutiple macs with one mouse and keyboard. You can then enable a setting to allow you to copy files back and forth between macs. However, you need both macs to be on the same local network. it also is rather slow, especially with large files. It's faster to just use a flash drive.

Still, if you are dead set on doing this, that would work.

-ST-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.