Digital Audio 733 - install DVD-Rom

Reaction score
I've been a PC guy for years. Snagged this up on ebay, works great. I want to add a DVD-Rom or replace current
CDRW w/ a DVD/CDRW "combo" drive as currently on a CDRW is installed. What do I need to look for? Are these
IDE or SCSI? Will any old drive work or are they Mac specific? Any pointers would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
welcome to the mac world, i have the exact same computer and love it. been using it for almost 9 years now. not looking forward to the day i have to retire it. anyway, this is a great place to start, with a couple of internal burner choices that will work with your specific mac. Pioneer works the best with mac OS (thats what mac uses). they have a ton of good deals and information on upgrading/fixing you mac. mine came with the original SuperDrive (CD/DVD burner). good luck and have fun. theres a lot of great people with great advice on this forum.

p.s. i believe its IDE btw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go and download a how-to-do-it from the link below. For a Digital Audiop but it is the same as the Quicksilver. It is quite a simple job. tyhe only difficult part is undoing the power plug...struth they are tight. Use long nose pliers to help.

As a suggestion, put in a burner such as a Pioneer DVR-115D Dual Layer 20X DVD burner. They are as cheap as chips, $39.00 here in Australia, and you Quicksilver will recognise it as native.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75313

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.