Introducing Myself

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

I am a recent Mac convert from the PC world so I guess this is the place I will feel most comfortable at first, and the place I am introducing myself.

I am a retired former high school art teacher who has finally switched to a Mac. I was influenced by the TV ads I will admit, but what really pushed me over the edge was Microsoft's decision to classify XP as "end of life". I had no intention of using Vista, and it was the last straw for me.

I decided to stop clinging to my PC applications, and take the plunge into the Mac world, and I am glad I did. From what I can see I don't need much besides what came pre installed on the Mac besides the iWork suite, which I did purchase.

I have ordered a copy of Photoshop Elements 6 for the Mac as well so I will have an image editing application that can do more than iPhoto.

I am enjoying exploring and have created a blog of my experiences making the switch from PC to Mac. It can be found at the "blog" link at the top of my home page. The domain should appear in my signature. I am hosting it on .mac, and am using iWeb to create the site.

I look forward to learning more through the community.

Edit: Since I don't see my signature file I will list the url I mentioned above:

http://www.terrischurter.com

Terri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Welcome to Mac Forums, goddess_of_go! Feel free to ask us any and all questions as you make the transition to Mac. We are a friendly and helpful bunch.

While you are at it, check out this latest news release about the next release of Mac OS X, due out sometime next year. It is almost the exact inverse of Vista. Apple, God bless 'em all, is targeting this next release of Mac OS X to performance: making the OS smaller, faster and better able to truly extract the full value of multi core CPUs. Imagine, an OS release that is actually smaller, runs faster, and gets better performance on the same hardware. Is that the "anti Vista" release or what? :D

Enjoy the world of Mac. You will love it!

Reaction score
Welcome Terri!! I am new also (well, not exactly... I am not getting my MacBook until this weekend, hopefully). I just need a change and have to stop relying on the familiarity of the PC. I was determined not to switch to Vista... I take comfort in knowing that my PC will always be three feet away from me in my home office in case of an emeregency.... It is going to take some getting use to and there is going to be a learning curve with some of the programs but I am up for the challenge :)

I am headed to checkout your blog.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
welcome goddess of go! search around the forum (i am sure you already have) and you will find all sorts of great information about apple and the mac os.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
welcome aboard, you have found a great place for mac help here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none as of yet
Welcome, I'm new too. Enjoy your mac and I'll enjoy waiting to get one

OP
goddess_of_go
Reaction score
Welcome Terri!! I am new also (well, not exactly... I am not getting my MacBook until this weekend, hopefully). I just need a change and have to stop relying on the familiarity of the PC. I was determined not to switch to Vista... I take comfort in knowing that my PC will always be three feet away from me in my home office in case of an emeregency.... It is going to take some getting use to and there is going to be a learning curve with some of the programs but I am up for the challenge :)

I am headed to checkout your blog.

I understand the comfort you take from having the PC close by. I feel that way too. I have a Motion M1400VA tablet PC and I also have a Dell desktop PC. they are both sitting on the same desk as my iMac. They usually are turned off, but they are there for certain programs until I can find appropriate replacements. The tablet will see some use when I travel, but the desktop is basically additional external hard drive storage of old files at this point.

Terri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Welcome to Mac-Forums. We are a friendly group of people so ask anything you need too, if you need info fast, dont' forget to search there is a uber amount of information on the forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
wow...you have your own website! ... thats almost as cool as having a mac :)

(cute cat btw)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Heyyy!! Welcome ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.