safari help - dumb newbie question

Reaction score
Hello Gurus
I'm a longtime PC/linux/unix user (ex EE,- read not technically inept) performing phone support for a friend 1000 miles away who is running safari on mac osx v10.5

Somehow what I think she has done is either deleted the icon or the link attached to the icon for safari from the desktop - she says that the icon is still there but has a question mark over it?? - can someone tell me how she can fix this?

Thanks for any help...
Chris

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If she accidently deleted Safari (not just the ICON but the program) it will have to be re-installed from her disk set that came with the Mac. An ICON with a question mark over it means it can't find the program. It's possible she may have somehow moved the Safari files, but that's unlikely. Tell her to re-install Safari from her disk set - or she can download it direct from Apple and install it that way.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.