problems with my brand new iPod Touch..help!

Reaction score
I got a few problems with my touch and I just opened it today. when I'm using safari sometimes it just stops for a second and then it goes to the home screen even tho I didnt press the home button. and then another problem is when I'm playing a song and try to drag the ball to fast foward the ball moves on the line but the song doesnt change I had to turn off my iPod and turn it back on for it to work again. and another problem is the light sensor. it brightens when theres a little bit of light when I'm in a dark room and then it won't brighten when I'm in a room with a lot of light. it guess I have a lot of problems with my iPod but I don't know if this is normal or not. thanks again for your help

o and i didnt jail break it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Have you got the latest firmware?

It occasionally crashes, as with any software, so maybe it's just a coincidence it happened on the first day. Safari crashes for me maybe every couple of weeks.

OP
M
Reaction score
ya I'm pretty sure I got the latest since I just bought it right? its 1.1.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Restore it. Had that problem previously on my iTouch but its fine now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
I got a few problems with my touch and I just opened it today. when I'm using safari sometimes it just stops for a second and then it goes to the home screen even tho I didnt press the home button.

another problem is the light sensor. it brightens when theres a little bit of light when I'm in a dark room and then it won't brighten when I'm in a room with a lot of light. it guess I have a lot of problems with my iPod but I don't know if this is normal or not. thanks again for your help

I think I can help you with these two problems.
First off for the safari crashing, this has happened to me many of times before. What i finds that always works is to hold down the power on power off button for 5 seconds while holding the home button down simultaneously. This is better than a restore only because it wont delete any of your data.

And for the brightness problem go into settings/brightness/then turn off the auto adjustment or auto brightness. That should be it.

Let us Know how it goes.

OP
M
Reaction score
I figured out the light sensor problem. I guess there just wasn't enough light cuz it works sometimes now. but there are some other glitchy problems like when my battery was at 10% while I was on the road and then everything became really laggy and the slider to unlock wasn't working and it took me a lot of tries and turns to try to slide hat to unlock it. is this normal for it to happen when its low on battery? I had to turn it off for it to work again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.