Mail Deletion

Reaction score
Question for you all -
When you delete individual emails, the highlight bar moves up one email, unlike Outllook which keeps the selector line in place and all the emails below the selected line move up one line. Is there a way to do this in Mail? I cant tell you how many emails I had to go and recover because I accidentally delete the wrong one.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just tried it on my trash folder. The Highlight stays where it is and the message below moves up.

What version of OSX are you running?

OP
C
Reaction score
Actually it works "correctly" in my Trash as well, but when I go to my Inbox, it is a different story

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Anyone know how to change this? I'm having the same problem as the original poster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I am glad other people are annoyed by this...

I originally posted a thread with this topic a while ago: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106337

I am glad this issue is getting some attention now ;)

and I am having the same problem even when deleting in the trash folder...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.