Removed my user file from finder help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
gah I was trying to open a movie through VLC, I went browse then accidently clicked on my name folder and moved it to somewhere, but it's not in Finder under Places anymore:Grimmace:

When I click on Finder in the Dock, it brings up finder box, but it's not finder it's actually my name folder.

How do I find my folder and put it back under Places in Finder?

thanks
Jenn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, OS 10.5.3
Why don't you search for it? I'm assuming you're talking about your home folder, right? The folder that looks like a house? Do you remember what your user folder was called? It was probably just your name...or whatever username you chose. Just search for it typing it in the search box in the finder, or hit Command/Space Bar to bring up Spotlight. Once you find it, copy it and place it in this path: Macintosh HD/Users.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Thanks, it's back in place now:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.