Question about Start up/Boot up Chime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz
I'm a brand new Mac user with a Macbook Pro, It's a great laptop and I have figured a few things out so far but i was wondering if anyone knows if the chime/sound on boot-up can be turned off or turned down?? I just think it's pointless, like the chime in windows.

Thanks...

Reaction score
I'm a brand new Mac user with a Macbook Pro, It's a great laptop and I have figured a few things out so far but i was wondering if anyone knows if the chime/sound on boot-up can be turned off or turned down?? I just think it's pointless, like the chime in windows.

Thanks...

leave the room when you boot up and come back in 5min. ;D

haha but on a serious note, no idea. sorry.

PS- gratz on your MBP. enjoy

Cheers.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The start up chime is important, it lets you know that your system running properly. If you hear something other than the regular cord, then there is a problem. If you mute your system sound when you power down the system, then you will not hear it on boot up. I think there is an application out there that may disable it. You can check either www.versiontracker.com or www.macupdate.com.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.