Display Resolution

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just received a brand new mac mini (PC convert) and have been trying to get the display to fit my 32" LCD via DVI cable. The problem I had was the screen was a 4:3 resultion being stretched over a 16:9. I downloaded Switchresx and had been tinkering try to get it to configure - to no avail!!

To add a new resoltion a restart is required - I restarted using a custom res that was viewable - only to find that when I restarted I could view the opening apple screen and then my LCD flicked to "frequency not available".

So I need heeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllp on 2 counts really...

Firstly, how can I change the screen settings when I can't see the screen? Is their a safe mode - i've just transferred my 82GB iTunes inc. metadata from PC so don't want to reformat!!

Secondly, why is screenresx so complex. I can't believe the default screen is 4:3. Can anyone give me the screenresx settings Pixel clock, scan etc. for a 32" Hitachi LCD?

I can't believe apples ease of use ethos hasn't spread to this..!!

Really hope you guys can help.

Thanks

Dean

p.s. I know the precautions I should have taken with screenresx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 500GB HDD 4GB Ram
I don't think the mini can support a monitor that size, the max resolution it supports over DVI is 1920 x 1200 and over VGA it is 1920 x 1080. But i could be wrong i don't own one so i don't have first hand experience and i am not very good with video stuff. Here is the Specs page if you haven't seen it http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.