Adobe Question

P

pharmer

Whenever I click on a PDF link on the web, Adobe doesn't automatically open and display it in my browser. Instead the terminal opens up. I have gone into my Adobe preferences and played with some settings, but nothing has changed. Does anyone know which setting I may have missed or why Adobe isn't registered as a plugin on my browser? I am using Opera 7.54 as my browser.

Thanks.

OP
S

sivp

I know for a fact you need to set up a defualt .pdf reader.. From what you are saying, Adobe isn't your current defualt reader.. Your ganna have change the settings to make Adobe the defualt..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
even in safari, if I dl a pdf, it opens in preview, but heres what you need to do,
in the finder, select a pdf, go to file>get info, in that palette that pops up, go to the open with tab, select acrobat or preview or whatever you want, then click change all, hit ok, close that window, and that should be it. see screenshot.:mac:

Picture 3.jpg

OP
P

pharmer

All of my PDFs that I have or those that I download to my HD first will open with Adobe. It is set as the default PDF program. But if I want to view a PDF by just clicking on a link in a webpage and not downloading it to my HD first the terminal screen pops up instead of the Adobe plugin loading it through my browser. So right now I have to download all my PDFs first to my HD and then open them. This is somewhat of a nuissance if I only want to look at this PDF once only and do not need a permanent copy of it on my HD.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I dont think you can view pdfs 'online'. Im almost 100% sure it yhass to download to your computer then open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Macman said:
I dont think you can view pdfs 'online'. Im almost 100% sure it yhass to download to your computer then open.

Actually, I use this PDF Browser Plugin and it works extremely well. Now I now longer need to download/save the files before viewing them. Hats-off to the developer -- he did an excellent job. :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.