system clock does not move forward

Reaction score
hi all,

I have a little problem with my macbook for which I can't seem to find a solution, nor other people experiencing that same problem.

I bought my macbook on the 13th of march this year. Recently I noticed that since then, the internal clock did not move forward. Mac OS X shows the correct time, but if I check the date in system profile, it keeps telling me it's the 13th of march. The hours and minutes however, do keep up with the correct time.

Part of the problem is that mac os uses this wrong date to determine when a file is created or last edited. So I keep getting march 13 as the creation date, date last edited, date last played (iTunes), ... for every file I have. :Grimmace:

I've added a screenshot that hopefully makes the problem a bit clearer.
(Note that the dates in system profile and iTunes are formatted dd/mm/yy).

As you will see, the correct date is June 12 2008 (top right, it's in Dutch :) ).

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9885/macqa8.jpg

The store where I bought my Mac told me to reset the PRAM, which I did, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks for your help, it's really appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not a hardware issue. Moving to OS forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.