Network Problem; Internet Connect says full signal but no connection

Reaction score
I've been having this problem with my Mac ever since moving into a new house a while back.

The house has a wireless network and I've successfuly connected my Mac to it so when I open the Internet Connect utility, the network appears and tells me I have a full signal. Problem is my browser wont load any pages. I tried the network diagnostic and restarted my modem and router already. That didn't work.

This has been going on for sometime now. When I first moved in I had this problem and was so busy that I just used an old PC I had for a while. Then one day I just started my Mac up and all of a sudden I was connected to the network. Its been working fine until today when I was trying to load a couple of old hardrives to do some backups. All of a sudden my network no longer works again! And again, Internet Connect tells me I'm getting a full signal so access to the network or interference doesn't seem to be the problem.

Here are my Mac's specs:

Power Mac G4 2.1
Dual CPU 867MHz
Airport Firmware v.9.52
Wireless Channel 6

Would really appreciate any help ... ???

Reaction score
Airport is on but don't connect to the internet

I have a similar problem - although not as bad as yours - when I'm at work I can sometimes get connected to the internet, but more often than not I can't. It always tells me that I'm fully connected via the Airport.
At home however, I always get connected no problems.
Did you ever sort this one out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
If you hard wire your mac will it work correctly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5 Dual 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM
I have the same problem as shotdsherrif. And when I connect an ethernet cord from the modem/router combo directly to my mac, my internet works. All help is greatly appreciated.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5 Dual 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM
i got mine working again. All I did was go to the CONFIGURE screen for my AIRPORT and deleted all the wireless networks on the list, including my own. Then I added it again, turned off the AIRPORT, waited a minute, then turned the AIRPORT back on and it's been working ever since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.