Black MacBook or MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I'm trying to pick which notebook I should get to replace my old desktop. Somehow the hard drive keep messing up. Have to replace 3 in just 2 years. The two notebook Im trying to pick is the black macbook or the macbook pro. The macbook pro however is the refurbished one. The spec is 2.2ghz and 120 gb with the nvidia graphic card. The black macbook is however newer and has better specs. Which one would you guys recommend for me in dental school. The main functions would be typing papers, listening to some music, watch movies, do research paper, and perhaps photoshop. I dont play any computer games. Do you think photoshop would run smoothly on the black macbook? Also can I upgrade to a blu ray drive once they get cheaper?

The main difference between the two is the macbook pro will cost roughly $100 more than the black macbook. But the macbook pro has lower specs. Which one of them will last for at least 3-4 years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Of the two with your intended uses I'd get the macbook, and yes.. photoshop will run on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
I would also go for the MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Well if the specs are better and its new, definitely get the blackbook.

OP
S
Reaction score
I heard apple have a new cpu coming out in january? Im a noob in the computer stuff, is there a possibility I can upgrade it to that cpu? Also can I upgrade to a blu ray player and stick it in the cd drive once it's affordable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
you probably wont be able to do either upgrade. and if the upgrades are possible they will more than likely void your warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 500GB HDD 4GB Ram
I heard apple have a new cpu coming out in january? Im a noob in the computer stuff, is there a possibility I can upgrade it to that cpu? Also can I upgrade to a blu ray player and stick it in the cd drive once it's affordable?

The new cpu will likely be a different socket type and won't be compatible with the current motherboards. I don't think the macbook's integrated video would be able to handle Hi-Def.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.