delay updating to Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GB Superdrive 10.4.1 Tiger in the tank
I bought my Mac Book Sep 2007. I received the disk to update to Leopard in Oct 2007. Life got in the way. I did not update. Now it's June 2008. I was somewhat hesitate to update due to the posts on this forum with relation to all the problems.

I am starting a new business and would like to get up to speed if it is possible. Can I still update to Leopard and move on without a lot of problems?

Any input is very much appreciated.

BJ

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with Leopard. However I did a fresh install not an upgrade. My roommate did an upgrade on his mac and it was buggy.
My 2 cents.

Reaction score
I have done a number of Leopard upgrades from previous systems. Just start up in Safe Mode to run fsck and flush font caches, disconnect any Firewire and USB peripherals. And as always, a system install is quite the work out for your drive, if it is going to fail, there is a better possibility that it will during the install. Make a backup! And remember, people post to forums with problems, you are apt to hear horror stories! People don't tend to write posts about how easy things are.

Reaction score
I didn't have any problems - I did an archive and install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.