Airport / General Internet connection issue

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just bought a used Airport and it seems to work fine. I was able to connect to it easily using my MacBook. However, there isn't any Internet activity.

A little background: A couple months ago I switched from DSL to Cable. With DSL I was able to simply unplug the ethernet cable from my eMac and plug it in to my MacBook--simple, easy. When the Cable model showed up I was able to connect it to my eMac. I tried doing the same thing (unplugging the ethernet cable from the eMac and plugging it in to my MacBook) and it didn't work. Now I have one computer that works with the Internet and I have my MacBook which once in a while picks up wireless signals. I decided to get an Airport so I could plug it in to my Cable modem connect to the Internet with my MacBook. So far: no luck. I am able to connect to the Airport with my MacBook, but there doesn't seem to be any Internet activity. All three lights on the Airport are flashing--so I'm not sure what is up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Anthony

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you purchase an Airport Extreme?

If so, how do you have it connected up? Modem should go into the Internet port.

OP
D
Reaction score
Did you purchase an Airport Extreme?

If so, how do you have it connected up? Modem should go into the Internet port.

I purchased an older Airport--used. I am able to connect to it with my computer--but there is no internet activity. I tried it at home with Cox cable internet and at work--I can't seem to get the Airport to broadcast the internet signal. Is there something I need to do to my MacBook or the old Airport to get the internet working? The internet sources I'm using are live--they are just not registering when I hook up the airport to a live internet source. I've tried resetting the airport--I've looked at the networking settings--although I'm not too sure what to do with them. Are there other things I should be trying?

Thanks for the response,
Anthony

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is yours this model? There is a pic a few pages down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.