iPod Touch 2.0 upgrading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
I owned my ipod touch since early January this year. This is before the $20 upgrade w/ 'new' apps. I didn't get the upgrade then.

1. Will I be able to upgrade my itouch to the up-coming 2.0 firmware without getting the previous January upgrade?

2. I live in Barbados. Could i still download the firmware from my territory?

OP
zacman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Ok well I would imagine you will be able to upgrade. There going to get money either way. And Yes If you have iTunes on your computer why would you not be able to?

OP
zacman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't download anything from the itunes store. They only accept domestic members (i.e. only Americans with american issued credit cards).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Why would Apple sell anything to an undomestic territory?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Well then know sorry. maybe order a prepaid credit card so you can upgrade.

OP
zacman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why would Apple sell anything to an undomestic territory?

That's just Apple's policy. If you check out the 'sign in' pages in itunes, you will notice that the billing address MUST be in the USA. My home billing address will NOT work.:(

I don't know if the prepaid card would work for me, but i guess it's worth a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" - 2.4GHz // iBook G4 12" - 1.33GHz // iPhone 3GS - 16GB
I owned my ipod touch since early January this year. This is before the $20 upgrade w/ 'new' apps. I didn't get the upgrade then.

1. Will I be able to upgrade my itouch to the up-coming 2.0 firmware without getting the previous January upgrade?

2. I live in Barbados. Could i still download the firmware from my territory?
hey so i have no idea about question 1 but i do have a solution (somewhat time consuming but worth it for question 2)

i live in Canada and we do have the iTunes store...however, until recently, we did not have TV shows, etc.

the best way to get onto the US iTunes store without an American address/credit card is to buy an American iTunes gift card...you can create an account using a gift card without adding an address or affiliating it with an American credit card.

try eBay or if you have friends/family in the US (my solution) ask them to send you an iTunes gift card for $25 (enough to buy the updates) or more if you want to buy some of the new apps and then use the card to start an account

hope this helps!!!!

OP
zacman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey so i have no idea about question 1 but i do have a solution (somewhat time consuming but worth it for question 2)

i live in Canada and we do have the iTunes store...however, until recently, we did not have TV shows, etc.

the best way to get onto the US iTunes store without an American address/credit card is to buy an American iTunes gift card...you can create an account using a gift card without adding an address or affiliating it with an American credit card.

try eBay or if you have friends/family in the US (my solution) ask them to send you an iTunes gift card for $25 (enough to buy the updates) or more if you want to buy some of the new apps and then use the card to start an account

hope this helps!!!!

Thanks Cabra. I will ask my auntie in the US to buy me one.
Tell me. Do i have to actually receive the gift card, or can my auntie just send me the the code?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Yeah, the gift card would certainly work great! I'm assuming that whatever is on iTunes you can buy with that card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Cabra. I will ask my auntie in the US to buy me one.
Tell me. Do i have to actually receive the gift card, or can my auntie just send me the the code?

Hey no worries...yeah she can just the code but make sure she reads/types it off carefully...they use a weird font and the 0s look like Os and Bs look like 8s hahaha....

and to answer the question above...the iTunes card is good for anything so far in the store and i'm assuming it will be good for the firmware updates...i have used it to buy music, tv shows, movies, ipod games, and even rented a movie with it so hopefully it works with the update...

glad i could help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh and zacman, let me know what you think of the updated software once you get it on your touch...i'm going to be getting a new mac soon and they have that deal for students to get a free touch with the computer...if its not all that awesome then i'm going to wait awhile on the computer purchase

OP
zacman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
zacman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
YAY!! the card and code works!!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.