struggling with 10.5.3 update

Reaction score
Hi there, questions from this Newbie Switcher: I've downloaded the 420Mb 10.5.3 update for OS X Leopard, but every time (and i've now tried about 10 times) I try to actually install it, it hangs after a few seconds, showing the progress bar stuck at about 10%. I've left my iMac (2.4Ghz intel, 4Gb) like that for a good while (a few hours in one case) but nothing seems to happen. I've managed to update other recent items, such as iDVD and Garageband and Quicktime, but this OS X update just won't happen....

Anybody got any clues?

How would I get this update removed from my Installer, and download a "fresh" copy? I suspect the install file might be corrupt, as I do remember that the download was interrupted a few times...(the joys of living and computing in a Third World country...I'm in South Africa)

Thanks!

Filip

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you are currently at 10.5 you will need the Mac OS X 10.5.3 Combo Update.

Some times just re-installing with the latest combo update will resolve problems. Try using the combo update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hi there, questions from this Newbie Switcher: I've downloaded the 420Mb 10.5.3 update for OS X Leopard, but every time (and i've now tried about 10 times) I try to actually install it, it hangs after a few seconds, showing the progress bar stuck at about 10%. I've left my iMac (2.4Ghz intel, 4Gb) like that for a good while (a few hours in one case) but nothing seems to happen. I've managed to update other recent items, such as iDVD and Garageband and Quicktime, but this OS X update just won't happen....

Anybody got any clues?

How would I get this update removed from my Installer, and download a "fresh" copy? I suspect the install file might be corrupt, as I do remember that the download was interrupted a few times...(the joys of living and computing in a Third World country...I'm in South Africa)

Thanks!

Filip

I had the same issue with my wife's 2Ghz C2D iMac. I had to use the combo updater from the Apple web site to make it work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.