Time Machine HD Size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I'm currently using Tiger but I am going to purchase Leopard in the coming few weeks. I have an external USB HD which is 250gb.

What I was planning on doing was partitioning the HD, one FAT32 format with about 100gb for my personal files. I Would then format the other partition as HFS+and have it at 150gb for my Time Machine backup. Do you think this would be big enough?

I have an 80gb internal HD and using 35gb of it. Would a 150gb external HD be big enough for time machine…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
150 minus 35 equals 115 over your present needs, its plenty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Yeah that should last you ages before it starts to overwrite the old info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz White
simply put YES!:D My partition is the same size as my hard drive as it only copies what is used its perfect for me and ofcourse after the first update it only adds the changes so it isn't like every time you back it up it adds another copy of the whole system :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.