4gb ram upgrade, worth the money?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB
hi, im a flash developer, I have a macbook Pro, with 2gb RAM. i have 2 quick questions.

So it saves me opening up the back does....

the pre-installed RAM come as 1 x 2gb stick or 2 x 1gb sticks?

and if i upgrade from 2 to 4 gb is it guna be worth the £80-100?

mr.ben

Reaction score
They are installed as matched pairs, so you will have two perfectly good one gig chips left over. Keep them, if you ever run into kernel panics, you may need them. And yes, if you are doing heavy design work the extra memory will help.

OP
mrben2k8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB
thanks, dont happen to know any good 4gig deals on atm? or what would be the best 4 gig set up to go for?

Reaction score
I don't know anything about ram sources in the UK, just be aware that saving a few pounds or bucks is nothing if the seller isn't reputable. There are many types, speeds, configurations, sizes of ram. The cheapest stuff may turn out to be very expensive, it may not turn out to be such a great deal!

Reaction score
Curcial they have a us and uk site. Cheapest memory i have seen for a mac. I got 2 2mb sticks for 100bucks.

Reaction score
Also crucial is fast delivery, at least in the US. My friend ordered the ram Monday night and got the item that Wednesday morning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.