3g Iphone Contract Q's - Need A's

Reaction score
What would happen if u decided to cancel your att contract with 24 hrs of buying the 3g Iphone ? Fees ?

Would they request for the equipment back or just charge you a full price ?
What would the full price be ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What would happen if u decided to cancel your att contract with 24 hrs of buying the 3g Iphone ? Fees ?

Would they request for the equipment back or just charge you a full price ?
What would the full price be ?

I would imagine the answers will vary depending on where you purchased your phone. Since you didn't mention your location, I'd have to refer you back to the retailer you intend to purchase the phone from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Typically with cell phone providers, you have a 14-day "Buyer's Remorse" period where you can cancel/take back the phone without being charged any ETF's (early termination fees).

With that being said, just take it back to the point-of-purchase and you should be able to get a refund no problem.

Reaction score
it sounds like you want to buy the phone, activate it in the store then turn around cancel your contract so you can do something to it they don't want you to.

Lets figure your cost.

$199 for the phone
$36 activation fee
$175 early termination fee (if you keep the phone and dont give it back)
Monthly service charge will be prorated so expect some cost based on a percentage of the $59 monthly contract. Same goes for the $30 data feature.

Im sure they will hit you with tax and other fees as well so you are looking at a minimum of $410 out of pocket

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
$410 Basically your paying the same price as always.Unless I can get one outright for $199.99 I will stick my 16GB.

TMO doesn't even have 3G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.