Battery Will Not Charge...read Please!!!

Reaction score
ok so i have tried searching, but have not come up with the results i was looking for...so i figured i'd try to find out here. i went to the Apple store today and the guy said that it was my DC-in gone bad. well before i went into the store the computer would function if it was plugged in. now with it plugged it will not work and it only runs off the draining battery.

i ordered a new DC-in off E-bay and am gonna try and replace that part (b/c apple wanted 30 for the part and 85 for labor, ill do it myself for $15), but my question is why wont my computer work while it's plugged in when it used to? is there something other than the DC-in that is wrong?

thanks for ya'lls help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
your not getting answers because it is a vague question without a lot of info.

when you plug it in does the light on the adapter have an orange or green light or no light at all?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.