Music problem with iTunes

Reaction score
I have music and videos on my iTunes for my iTouch. However, I dont know why, all the music that i purchased on iTunes (over $100 worth of music) got deleted and it says it cant locate it on my laptop. But i still have the music i purchased on my iTouch. What can I do?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Let me ask you a question first. Is the Music the only thing missing? How about pictures in iPhoto? Anything else missing? Did you per chance rename your user folder?

OP
B
Reaction score
Let me ask you a question first. Is the Music the only thing missing? How about pictures in iPhoto? Anything else missing? Did you per chance rename your user folder?

actually now that i remember, the photos on iPhoto also wont show. And that i know of, nothing else is missing. I have the photos in iPhoto saved somewhere else safe on a disc, but im worried about the music i purchased. I checked with iTunes and a message says that you cannot redownload your music again ,and that your supposed to burn the music you buy into a CD in case anything happens. But i thought you could somehow take the music from my iTouch and put in onto iTunes...since my iTouch still has it

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You can with an application, but you missed one part of my question. Did you RENAME your home folder? If you did your music and pictures are still there.

Let me know that first. If you did there is a way to get it all back.

OP
B
Reaction score
You can with an application, but you missed one part of my question. Did you RENAME your home folder? If you did your music and pictures are still there.

Let me know that first. If you did there is a way to get it all back.

no i did not. I think it happended when i cleaned my hard drive with this program. Thats when it happened.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is a little Application called senuti. Download that and it will allow you to copy back your music to your computer from your iPod.

http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/

What program did you use the clean the drive?

OP
B
Reaction score
There is a little Application called senuti. Download that and it will allow you to copy back your music to your computer from your iPod.

http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/

What program did you use the clean the drive?

i tried Senuti earlier, and it doesnt read my iTouch. Do i have to do anything?? I opened it and plugged in my iTouch but it doesnt read it. I dont remember which application i used...because i tried so money, some tried to charge me money

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Interesting. I don't have access to a touch to try it out. It works with all my other iPods though. Anyone with an ipod Touch ever tried senuti with it? It should just work.

OP
B
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't have access to a touch to try it out. It works with all my other iPods though. Anyone with an ipod Touch ever tried senuti with it? It should just work.

are there alternatives for iTouch by anychance that u know of? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.