iTunes Problem

Reaction score
I thought I had it figured out, but I guess I did something wrong.

I have an iPhone and an iTouch.

My wife has her music in a folder call hers

I have my music on a folder called his

we have 1 PC and I wanted iTunes to sync my wifes music to her iPhone and then sync my music to my iTouch.

However when I just opened up iTunes and told it to create a library (option checked to NOT copy files to iTunes folder). it moved all of the music into one folder. I just spent 2 hours dividing her music from mine.

Oh and there are a BUNCH of duplicates...they were not duplicated in the his/hers folders, only in iTunes
Do I need to go back and do the same thing? then tell iTunes to make a copy of the music in the iTunes folder???

Reaction score
I thought I had it figured out, but I guess I did something wrong.

I have an iPhone and an iTouch.

My wife has her music in a folder call hers

I have my music on a folder called his

we have 1 PC and I wanted iTunes to sync my wifes music to her iPhone and then sync my music to my iTouch.

However when I just opened up iTunes and told it to create a library (option checked to NOT copy files to iTunes folder). it moved all of the music into one folder. I just spent 2 hours dividing her music from mine.

Oh and there are a BUNCH of duplicates...they were not duplicated in the his/hers folders, only in iTunes
Do I need to go back and do the same thing? then tell iTunes to make a copy of the music in the iTunes folder???

maybe you should try having two different log ins or usernames for your Windows. Thats what i did with my family. They all have their iTunes music in their usernames at the login screen in the beginning when you turn on the computer. I have my own taste in music (on my Mac), so my little brother and sisters share their library and music in their iPods(using the PC).

OP
J
Reaction score
I found the fix in the iTunes help. For a windows PC, you hold down the shift key then open up iTunes. On a MAC is the option key. It will prompt you for a library or to create one. So I created a library for my wife and one for me. It works great. I just have to remember to do that next time I sync them up

Reaction score
I found the fix in the iTunes help. For a windows PC, you hold down the shift key then open up iTunes. On a MAC is the option key. It will prompt you for a library or to create one. So I created a library for my wife and one for me. It works great. I just have to remember to do that next time I sync them up

o, so thats how you do it..Thanks for sharing!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.