Detailed System Info tools (new to MAC's)

Reaction score
Hello,

I have never been in an environment where I supported MAC's. Currently I'm working at a University's I.T. Dept. Lot's a MAC's. One thing I wanted to implement was going through all machines and verifying license count. We are on a budget of $0, so I was going to use my handy-dandy Belarc Advisor to get all system info. However they only work on PC's. I have done some searches for free-ware out there, and really not coming up with anything. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? TIA

~Becca

OP
G
Reaction score
Like this or are you referring to getting info on all Mac's at the same time?
Mac OS X 10.4 Help: Getting information about your computer
I did see the system profiler, but from what I saw it was very basic, unless I'm not seeing everything it can do. What I want is something that profiles the hardware, software - serial keys, updates/hotfixes, etc. The belarc adviser is a strong reporting tool. So, again anything that will allow me to do that with the MAC's. Tia

~Becca

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
It has all the info for the Mac. Hardware, software, updates, logs, serial numbers, etc...

Look to the left side, while in System Profiler. It will have different tabs to select, as mentioned above.

OP
G
Reaction score
It has all the info for the Mac. Hardware, software, updates, logs, serial numbers, etc...

Look to the left side, while in System Profiler. It will have different tabs to select, as mentioned above.

Well, let me go check that out. I appreciate the response. :)

~Becca

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.