Strange request...I know

Reaction score
I was hoping there is a way to have a single (or all) POP email account(s) check for new mail more frequently than one minute intervals. (Strange, I know, but...I am in sales and leads are distributed to all associates at the same time through email and this would give me a huge edge!)

I have a script that runs and checks for new mail every XX seconds and it works great. The problem is that it moves the window focus to the mail.app window and it gets annoying when trying to type in other apps.

Ideally, there is a .plst setting somewhere (looked but I can't find it) with the check interval setting so that mail.app would just check in the b/g as usual but more frequently.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Is it an Applescript? You could probably change it to not bring Mail into focus.

OP
L
Reaction score
Well...nevermind!

I was using a Workflow created in Automator. Once I actually created the simple script to check mail using an actual script in Automator, focus never changes!! YAY!!

Thanks for the quick reply AptMunich!

Love my iMac and this forum.

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.