couple things im not sure on (iPhone)

Reaction score
so yesterday my auction for my iphone ended on ebay with some guy with a false bid.
Now after that happened I started reading a little more about the new iphone.

1)-Now, I have heard that to get the new Iphone it will cost $10 more a month for data and $5 extra for text.
Can I just keep my sim from my original iphone and pop it in the new one if I buy it outright without these extra fees?

2)-I heard in the 3rd quarter that edge speeds will be going up drastically. Has anyone else heard this?

3)-I also read that tom tom is almost completed with a download for current gen iphones, so we will have true turn by turn navi.(not sure of cost)

Also I used to sell att phones and if you are in the middle of a contract you will not be able to get a discount. Usually they give you a $200 credit after your contract is up. So most people will have to buy the Iphone outright if they really want it. Therefore it will be the same price as the 1st gen iphones right?

not hating on the new iphone just thinking out loud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
1. Unfortunately, you are required to activate the new iPhone in store, which means the option of switching SIM cards isn't an easily accomplished one.

2. AT&T has been working on vastly improving 3G speeds and the new iPhone is expected to support those speeds. There is no confirmation as to when exactly the speed bumps are going to be implemented.

3. That is correct, there is an article out there documenting that Tom Tom has an almost ready version of its software for the new iPhone.

Your final note is not correct. AT&T has stated that it will scrap all current plans and start consumers out with fresh two year contracts upon activation of the iPhone. This workaround allows AT&T to charge that extra $10 per month for the data connection.

OP
B
Reaction score
I was saying edge speeds will be improved as well as 3g.
Also what about the $5 extra for text? Has that been confirmed?
I read that tom tom will be for both 1st and 2nd gen iphones
Thats cool that att is going to make an exception for apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ah, sorry, had a little brain fart there. I have no idea whether EDGE speeds will be increased.

The Tom Tom software will only be for the new iPhone as it relies upon the GPS chip inside, which is lacking in the first generation iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.