Switch between ALL the windows

Reaction score
Hey guys,

so, my HDD broke last week and was - apparently - irreparable, so I got a completely new one. Before, I had some little program or plug-in or whatever, which I could use to program a keyboard shortcut (for instance, ALT+Tab), and the app showed me all the current windows (including all messenger windows, from all contacts I would then chat with at the time, etc.).

Unfortunately, I don't remember that app's name and thought, maybe you guys could help...

:)

btw, I chose 10.4, because for some reason, the Apple guys put 10.4 on my system, going to reinstall my 10.5 later

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
why use an app?

use expose.
on XP at work right now, so i can't remember the f key assignement, but i believe F9, F10, F11 all control expose's functions. one will show you all of your open windows.

you can also command+tab or command+~ to cycle through apps and windows open for the active (current "in focus") app.

better yet - when i researched it, i wrote it a bit better ;P
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=301335&postcount=4

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks, but it's not what i'm looking for. it's actually more of a "alt-tab" function, but i actually shows you ALL the windows, sou you can switch easily between, for example, all your messenger windows. i THINK it was a 3rd-party-app

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, command+ ~ will swap between open windows of the same program.

and from the link i provided:
"F10 - Show all active windows from the active or in focus program. Click on any one to bring it into focus."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.