Disk Question .pif & .EXE

Reaction score
I have a CD-R disk that has files that end in .pif & .EXE. My Mac will not read the disk. Is there a way to convert it so that I can read it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, those are files for Windows. You would have to run them under a version of Windows, not the Mac OS.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hypothetically, what if I was running Windows on my Mac. I think this can be done, correct? Just askin'.

OP
D
Reaction score
No, those are files for Windows. You would have to run them under a version of Windows, not the Mac OS.

I've heard that Windows can be installed on a Mac. How is this done? If I was running Windows on my Mac, it could then read the disk & others like it, correct? Thanks in advance!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've heard that Windows can be installed on a Mac. How is this done? If I was running Windows on my Mac, it could then read the disk & others like it, correct? Thanks in advance!
See here and more specifically here. Note that you require an Intel based Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.