frustrating

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Heres the deal:

Have just bought and set up an imac os x 10.5.2 and have been installing pro tools 7.3 003 rack factory,I have registered all over the place including my ilock etc.

When I go to open pro tools I get told that it can't open due to 'Kern Protection Failure at 0x000000000000' etc and also 'Exc Bad Access (sigbus)', always at the same point when it is attempting to load chorus dpm.

I have read alot of comments and tried various options like repairing disk preferences etc but still no joy.

I am aware of compatibility problems and if you tell me this is how they manifest themselves then I guess I just have to wait till somebody somewhere gets their finger out of their backside.

If however I have done something wrong( very possible-songwriter,not a tech)then a simple solution would be very much appreciated.
I cant even get it to open up-hence the frustration.
Thanks to all who give advice in advance
Slippy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have read that ProTools does not work well with Leopard and that an update is on the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.