Docking stations, external monitors for MacBook

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have any advice/method for hooking up a MacBook (Intel) to an external monitor and keyboard? I am looking to buy a 22" Dell Ultrasharp, but need to close my laptop to see the monitor behind it. Also, I would like to use an external keyboard. (anyone else's letters starting to disappear on their laptop?)

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
this is the only docking station that i know about. it seems a bit pricey to me. if you run more than two usb peripherals i would recommend a good usb hub. this way you only have to plug in one usb cord when you set up at your desk.

as far as the monitor is concerned using the mini-dvi connection is fine.

i use an the old white style apple keyboard, it works fine for me. i would prefer the new aluminum style as the key lay out seems to closer to my mb which i have gotten very use to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
you can close the lid which will put your mb to sleep. when you click with a mouse or on a usb keyboard it will wake the mb from sleep and use the external monitor as your main display. all your peripherals will work even with the lid closed.

i recommend that even if you are not using your mb display that you leave the screen up as it usually will vent better with the lid up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.