Speakers for Mac

Reaction score
I'm looking to add some speakers to my Mac. I don't want to spend an enormous amount of money. But, I also know that you get what you pay for. Any suggestions on which speakers give the most bang for the buck?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Logitech makes some great speakers.

OP
D
Reaction score
Speaker Question

I'm just wondering. Do I have to connect speakers to a power source (outlet) if I buy some for my mac? I was kinda under the impression that all I had to do was connect them to the back of my Mac. Still learning!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The Harman Kardon Soundsticks are easily the best 2.1 speaker sets I've ever used. You may be able to get them for a good deal on eBay or Amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Depends on which model you get. There are some small speakers that don't require an external power source, but you're sacrificing quality and volume with a set like this. For some high quality sound with a lot of volume, you'll need to get yourself a powered set.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.