Fan Sounds Louder after deleting/adding Admin

Reaction score
Fan Sounds Louder after deleting/adding Admin

I picked up an eMac of a friend of the Family's that was in working it's just they could not remember their Admin password, so I could not log out of it or update/add new software. I then found some info on the net and you tube on how to hack around it and delete it and make a new Admin. After I did this I noticed the fan. I'm not sure if it was this loud before. It's not loud, just noticeable, and it keeps at a constance speed even when a few programs are on. I have not noticed any change in system performance or speed. Everything seems to be fine it's just the fan is more noticeable now.

Are there any settings the past owners could have had to change this? Or any other suggestions? I looked through menus and could not find anything. I did see on the net that the eMac fans are more noticeable since it's an all in one computer. Like I said I never noticed it before in the almost year I've had it, and I have asked my girlfriend and she had not noticed a difference. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Fan Sounds Louder ... I'm not sure if it was this loud before. It's not loud, just noticeable, and it keeps at a constance speed even when a few programs are on.

From a fellow eMac user - what's the room temperature? It's winter here and my eMac's fan is relatively quiet because the temp in the room is 12 C. However, in mid-summer when this room temp reaches mid-20's C (or higher) the eMac's fan is definitely louder.

Second - check the air intakes under the chassis of the eMac, they can get clogged with dust fluff. If the eMac is sitting on a cloth or other 'fluffy' material, maybe the intakes are being obstructed.

Third - make sure the eMac is adequately vented at the rear. Don't, for example, place a cloth over the computer, which some people mistakenly do when trying to prevent dust from accumulating.

OP
F
Reaction score
From a fellow eMac user - what's the room temperature? It's winter here and my eMac's fan is relatively quiet because the temp in the room is 12 C. However, in mid-summer when this room temp reaches mid-20's C (or higher) the eMac's fan is definitely louder.

This is what I'm thinking it is. I am in Pennsylvania and we are in the middle of a heat wave where it's like 99 degrees and then add the humidity. The room I have it in does not have all that good of an air conditioner either.

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.