MacSpeech Dictate Problems

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm new. Sorry if there's already a thread about this, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything current.

Does anybody here use MacSpeech Dictate? I just received my copy and to my disappointment, I get a message saying I can't open it as it's not supported on my system... that would imply compatibility problems, right? Seems odd though as it says it works with Tiger which I have.

Did anybody else have the same problem, and what did you do to sort it out? Having emailed customer services I'm prepared for a battle as it seems they have a reputation for being pretty bad...

Help would be much much appreciated!

Reaction score
Do you have an Intel Mac?

MacSpeech Dictate only runs on Intel Macs. If you do not have an Intel Mac, then that is your problem. MacSpeech will not be making a version for PowerPC.

If you *DO* have an Intel-based Mac, either contact MacSpeech Support or provide the exact error message you get when you attempt to launch MacSpeech Dictate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.