In case your Mac Pro is getting louder....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
This might be obvious to many, but it was not to me so I thought someone might find this helpful.

I had starting to get really irritated on the fact that my MacPro was quite loud. It was particularly obvious when I powered down since then you would really notice the difference in sound level.

Sometime the fan would rev up significantly, but iStat Pro always showed unchanged rpm's of 500 to 600. I therefore concluded that it must be the fan on the graphics card, but why? Finally the penny dropped, dust!! I got a can of compressed air and opened the MacPro up and was there dust in the graphics card fan!

After a proper clean of the interior, the Mac is silk smooth again and I just wish I would have thought about it earlier. The MacPro is less than two years old, so I will do this clean on a regular basis from now on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Good advice Roger. Even more so if you have pets - pet hair can really foul up the fans.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I run across this with my G5 Quad all the time. It's amazing how much dust builds up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.