Battery Concern

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz Core2Duo, 4gb PC5300 RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD, nVidia 8600m GT 512mb
I bought a new Macbook Pro just over two weeks ago and am concerned about the battery. I have noticed it drains extremely fast when unplugged. Today I sat down to watch Superbad (the DVD) and started with a fully charged battery. I got ~1:15 into the movie and was at 5% and had to plug it back in. I had the screen on about 90% brightness (2 bars from full). Normally, just browsing the net and such, I get closer to two hours of battery life. Is this normal? It seems like a very short battery life to me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
It's all down to the settings, what you're doing, CPU and memory, etc. Watching a DVD uses more power that only having Safari open and reading the news, if you see what I mean.

If you really think it's out of whack then I'd talk to Apple about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.2/120gb/2gb Santa Rosa - 20" Aluminum Apple Cinema Display
try downloading istat for your dashboard, it will say what percent your battery health is at, but 2 hours sounds about right well browsing, mine is about 2 months old at it is around that maybe 2-3 hours.. their cheap to buy anyways..not a big deal

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.