Possible Price Drops/ New Model Soon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I have no evidence of such a thing which is why I didn't put this in the rumors thread. (one of the requirements)

Why I think there is a new model or price drop in the horizon.
1. The 8GB iPhone will drop to $200 in July. The iTouch is still priced at $300 with less features.
2. Last year, the Nano was the free iPod with a student purchase. The promotion was canceled as soon as the new model came out. I think Apple uses this promotion to clear out inventory to make room for new models. How hard can one complain when the offer a soon to be discontinued model for free?

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Well when you think about it, the touch is cheaper overall since you don't have to pay the 30 bucks a month to use it's service. So really I can sort of see the touch staying up there in price since there is no backing by a huge company aka AT&T. But I would like to see a price drop though.

Reaction score
Plus, the iPhone downgraded the back of it, going from aluminum to plastic, so that can add to the price drop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
Well when you think about it, the touch is cheaper overall since you don't have to pay the 30 bucks a month to use it's service. So really I can sort of see the touch staying up there in price since there is no backing by a huge company aka AT&T. But I would like to see a price drop though.

As I said in another thread, this is something to be considered, but you also must consider that they aren't equal products. The Touch lacks a phone, camera, and now 3G, which is all expensive technology. Also, there is no precedence for the iPhone being cheaper than the Touch because of the plan's monthly charge. History actually tells us the opposite.

It's possible that this is a change, but I know I personally will be waiting it out to see what happens with the price of the Touch.

Reaction score
I will expect a bigger hardrive as the only upgrade besides the 2.0 software. By the end of the year my guess is that the 8gb will be gone and it will be 16, 32 and 64.

I will replace my current 32 gb Touch by the end of 2009, so I hope that by then we will see something like a 128 or more sized Touches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
128GB flash drive Touch would be mighty expensive. And they don't even make the non-flash iPods that large.

I would half-expect them to bring out a larger Touch, as well, with each replacing the price point of the one currently below it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
GPS and maybe a Camera would be nice. They should make it exactly the iPhone, just without the phone. Leave speaker and mic for VOIP support like Skype or something. That would be cool and they would sell way more ipt's if you ask me.

Reaction score
I have a question, will the Touch include the App Store with the 2.0 software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
I have no evidence of such a thing which is why I didn't put this in the rumors thread. (one of the requirements)

Why I think there is a new model or price drop in the horizon.
1. The 8GB iPhone will drop to $200 in July. The iTouch is still priced at $300 with less features.

Thoughts?

The 'iTouch' doesnt come with an 18 month contract at £30 minimum per month though..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.